Monday, May 25, 2009

Short Shorts

I went to college in 2000, and, just before I left, my mom and I went shopping at Old Navy. That was the first time I'd ever gone shopping there, and it was the last. I remember buying some tank tops and the cutest pair of khaki short shorts. That fall, I was in marching band, and did a lot of walking around campus, and managed to slim down quite nicely. I even had some guys hanging around, and that had never really happened to me.

Fast forward a few years, and those little short shorts were something I'd never imagine putting on again. No, I didn't keep them, but, I did work for Lane Bryant. And I kept trying on shorts, and just hated the look of my legs. They were dimply and just not cute. So, I've lived that last several years in capris and crops because I was so ashamed of my legs.

About three weeks ago, we were getting ready to fly to Ohio so I could run the Flying Pig. So, I went to the Avenue to see if they had anything cute. Much to my surprise, I found some really cute shorts. I love plaid shorts, in all colors, so I tried some on! Not only did I try on a size 18!, but I bought 3 pair of short, short plaid shorts!! For the first time in almost 10 years, I'm not ashamed of how I look. It was a moment of pure joy when I could button and buy 18's, and the fact that my legs actually looked "good" in these tiny shorts.

Now they hang in my closet, and I can't believe they're mine. All my clothes look so "tiny" in comparison to my 22/24's. I'm still in disbelief that I'm back into size 18, and the thought of getting smaller is so exciting and mind boggling. I used to say when I was larger, that if I could only get to an 18, I'd be happy. But, now that I'm an 18, I just can't imagine stopping. So, I'm not. I've planned a trip to Ohio in Late July, and I plan on being a 16 by then. With that said, it's time to go to the gym.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that a great feeling? Congratulations! You'll have to post some pictures of you in your new shorts.

    ReplyDelete