Saturday, July 11, 2009

Reality Bites

The last 3 weeks of my life have been HELL! Between the husband getting FIRED, and having bills up to my ass, I've been drowning in reality. The reality of my life is hard. Harder than it's ever been. And I've tried to keep my chin up, and keep my spirits high. I've tried to workout religiously, and have succeded in some ways. But, my old food habits have come back to get me. The reality is, that as much as I want to say that I have learned to take my stresses out at the gym, being broke doesn't make it easy to make good food choices. Bread is cheap, pizza is cheap, ice cream is cheap. And the 4th of July WEEKEND(not just the day, but the whole damn 3 days), was a disaster.

Today, I realized that the stress of my life, my reality is sucking the life out of me. Everything I've spend the last 10 months working at, is in danger of being lost because I can't manage my stress eating. I haven't been sleeping, so I haven't had the energy to workout as hard as I normally do, so I haven't been burning as much as normal. But, I've been eating more, way more. Shaving my points, and being dishonest about my intake. The fruit of that is a 4.4# gain.

I'm so pissed at myself. But, in the 30 some odd weeks I've been doing WW, I've only gained 3 weeks. I needed this kick in the ass to help me get out of my funk. I'm so over the stress, and the food. This week, I'm kicking my own ass.

1 comment:

  1. Get back and track and move on! Be kind to yourself.

    I just read dietgirl and LOVED it! It is about a women's journey to lose weight. It took her longer than planned, but heck, life gets in the way sometimes. I will probably pick that book up again when the times are getting hard. Great perspective! If you haven't read it, I think you would love it!

    ReplyDelete