Sunday, June 14, 2009

Too skinny for the fatties, too fat for the skinnies.

So, as I lost my job at Lane Bryant back in april, I've been on the search for a new part time job. What I have discovered is a weird sort of discrimination. As far as working in plus sized fashion, I'm now considered too "small" for a job such as this?!?!? When I did work at LB, we almost never hired anyone smaller than a 20 because the women who came shopping gave us so much grief about how "small" the employees were and how they didn't want to see skinny girls working in a store for fatties. OK.

Now, because I don't want to go back to work and can't get a job because now I'm too small, I decided to try to get a job where the skinnies shop. I figure that, even though I'm an 18 now, I'm not gonna be for much longer. I've already dropped 4 sizes, and I'm not stopping. So, according to my logic, if I'm not fat anymore I should be able to work with the skinnies. NOT SO! As I'm asking for applications and even turning them in, the clerks at the counters are saying,"You know we only sell up to size 12", or "maybe you can work in the men's side"!

It's all very frustrating. I feel like I'm stuck in weight loss purgatory. Where I'm not a fatty anymore, but I'm not skinny enough yet to be considered not fat by the skinnies. WTF!
Let's hope they give me a job at Bath and body Works. They don't seem to care about size in there.

1 comment:

  1. Their loss. The fact that you have lost so much weight and have been dedicated to training for a marathon means that you would be a hard worker.

    ReplyDelete