Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's hard for me to fathom that it's been over 6 months since I updated my blog, but now seems as good a time as any to restart it. Many, many changes have taken place in my life, some good, some not so good. And, being I've lost my two best friends in this world, I don't have many people to talk to about it, so I might as well share it with my online friends.

Who knew that losing weight would throw into perspective that everything in my life was broken? Really.

The person who I though was my best friend, outside my marriage, decided that she just couldn't be friends with someone as neurotic about losing weight as I am, and so, she dropped me like a bad habit sometime around last christmas. The truth? Fat people don't like having skinny friends because it forces them to face up to the fact that they're fat because they're lazy, or maybe that's just the case with this one person. But that's been my general experience as a former fatty myself.

The person who was my actual best friend, my husband, just couldn't handle my demanding new personality, and I just couldn't handle him sitting on his unemployed ass doing nothing(not even exercising), while I was working out 6 days a week and working my ass off to make the ends meet(which they weren't). So, the things that I thought were maybe just bent turned out to actually be broken. And, when two married people who were once crazy over each other become nothing more than friends, and then become less than friends, it's time to let it go. And so i did. Three weeks ago, I moved out with my cat and my running shoes, and now I'm single-ish.

Now comes the fun part of arguing over finances(not that we have any assets), and signing papers. Fun.

I never thought losing weight so I could start having babies would lead to needing a new man to start having babies with!

Up to this point, I've lost 87#, run 4 half marathons, 1 full, and countless 5K's. I'm gonna start training for the Rock n Roll Las Vegas Marathon on December 5th, which is my 30th birthday. I figured there's no better way to celebrate a new life and turning 30 than in Vegas doing what I love to do!

I have the support of my family, what few friends I have left, and a wonderful new friend who listen when I need to cry, and tell me to suck it up when I need to. Life will go on, and so will I.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, life has brought many changes for you. It all happens for a reason! I hope that the changes bring peace and happiness to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah - so sorry to hear you've had to go through so much! You are a good soul and you will find someone who it going to want to be with you...fat or skinny! I have to agree with you when it comes to "fat" friends who can't handle their friend getting healthy and losing weight. It is unfortunate, but I think anyone who has had significant weight to lose, also loses a few friends along the way. Good for you for recognizing things weren't going to work out with DH...so many stick around until the babies come and then feel stuck there.

    Please know that you have a friend in me...I believe in you and know that you will come out a better person for all that you've been through!! I'm looking forward to reading your blog as you prepare for your December marathon...you are going to rock it!!!

    ReplyDelete