Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacation

This is just a short post whilst on vacation to check in and share the complicated life I'm leading with my followers.

So far, vacation has been great! I'm pretty relaxed, despite my phone getting destroyed yesterday, and having to figure all that out. I'm having a great time hanging with my mom, and brothers, and just chilling out. Although, I'll admit that being single has its drawbacks. For one, I have no car and am at the mercy of everyone else when I wanna go somewhere. For another, I've been demoted to the "kids" room, to sleep in bunkbeds with my nieces..,....fun. And, I kinda feel like everyone is feeling a little bit sorry for me and tip toeing around me a bit. EESSH.

I have 3 "sisters" here, two sisters in law and one step sister. What amazes me about them is that one is a marathoner and super skinny and athletic and the other two are what they consider "fat". What cracks me up? They refuse to wear bathing suits and swim and enjoy their children or the beach because they perceive themselves as fat. And then there's me. The former fatty turned athlete who flaunts what she's got, size 12 or not, proudly for all to see. So, I can imagine that doesn't do much for their self image, being that I'm loving the way I look right now. Even two years ago at size 26, I still put on my bathing suit and rocked the beach.

Whatever.

I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow to work, and will post a comprehensive vacation recap once back and getting some spare time.

2 comments:

  1. Sad that they are missing out on life. You have the right attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you are able to love yourself...and sad that they deprive themselves (and their children) of the life they could be living (and how can you go to the beach and not wear a bathing suit??). You are a beautiful person...and I'm so glad that you are able to see that. Sorry you having to head home but I'm glad you were able to have fun and spend quality time with your family...can't wait to hear the details of your vacation...safe travels to you!!

    ReplyDelete