Thursday, March 7, 2013

With the end in mind

There is a little book out there called "The Seven Habits Of Highly Successful People".  I don't remember who wrote it, only that one of those habits is to "begin with the end in mind".  I think "the end" is always changing, but to be something great has always been part of my ultimate plan.  I used to think I'd be a great opera singer, then maybe a cover singer.  Now, I'm content with being a great teacher.  No, I don't have fancy degrees, or an extensive performance vitae, but I'm a great teacher (and so modest) because my students thrive as musicians.  They have happy souls, which in turn means I'm doing my job.

Look to what has become my second love and newest business venture, The Heavyweight Runner.  If asked 5 years would I be doing anything today other than teaching, I have called you bat shit crazy.  Yet, here I sit, putting together plans for a website, experts for content articles, product partnerships, and clothes with my website name on them.  I'm training for my first 1/2 Ironman Tri, getting ready to register for my 5th full marathon.  I'm a heavy weight lifter, swimmer, runner, and lover of cycling.  I'd rather ride my bike to the bank than drive, and I tell people who live less than 5 miles from the gym, they're lazy if they drove a car there.  I'm an advice giver, amateur life coach and public figure for natural weight loss.

While "the end" keeps changing into something new with every idea that pops out of my brain, I've always known being a business woman was in my blood.  Entrepreneurs are genetically designed to have many irons in many fires.  I finally have the will and desire to make this happen.  "The end" is in mind, and my, oh my, it's gonna be a fun ride with twists and turns, but it's gonna be so awesome!  Thanks for coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment