Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I chafe, therefore I am.....

I can honestly say the last 10 days has been a roller coaster. I've run so much, I'm chaffed everywhere I can possibly chafe, I've been sore in places unknown to have muscles, and I've laughed and cried. It's just too much for one person sometimes.

Last week was just hectic with all kinds of work, and working out. It's been hard getting my body back into the swing of this much exercise, especially all the running I'm doing outside. But, I'm getting there. Every morning I get up a little easier and get my legs going a little faster. The heat/humidity are still are huge factor, but it only makes the body stronger to run in these conditions.

I had an awesome day Friday at SeaWorld! I haven't been there in a couple years, because I had gotten too big to fit on the roller coasters. Now that I'm getting skinny, it was a whole new experience to ride them! I had so much fun(that would be the laughter part)! Unfortunately, Saturday morning, I got up to find my kitty and constant companion in severe pain from a blocked urethra, which is the same condition that nearly killed him 2 years ago. So, from fun to agony in 24 hours(that would be the crying part). Luckily, we caught it early, and after 3 days in the hospital and $500, he's back home good as new, and super happy to be with me!

I've run 21 miles over the last 3 days, including 10 miles Sunday (for which I got up at 4:30am), 5 miles yesterday as recovery, and 6 miles today that included speed work. I'm chaffed under my arms?!, all the way around my body from my HRM chest strap, and a couple unmentionable places as well. Seriously?! After all this time running, now I'm starting to chafe really bad, and no amount of bodyglide can make it stop or prevent it! UGH! So, I'm so sore it hurts to breathe, and my legs hurt to move in anyway. I'm so glad tomorrow is just a spin class day!

And it's late again. I keep thinking I will just get in bed super early, get up super early, and get done all the things I need to get done. But, my legs get restless late at night, especially when they're this sore. And the chaffing burns, so I'm just generally uncomfortable. But, what does all this mean? I chafe, I'm sore, and I have to get up go workout in the morning, therefore I. am. a. runner. I love saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment