Monday, July 5, 2010

Marathon training and life in general

So today officially started my second full marathon training program! I'm super stoked about it, except that it's really intense, which I asked for, so I can't really complain much. My brother gave me a lot more slack to create it this time around, and it took me forever to put it all together today, but I got it done.

I'm really going to try to document my training online this time. So, in that spirit, here goes.

Today I got up much later than anticipated, and didn't get outside until 10 something......Lucky for me, it was totally overcast with a breeze, so it wasn't a miserable as it could've been. My legs felt really good, but I hadn't run in 4 days so I didn't want to over do it. I only 3.25 miles, but then did some major core work and squats just for good measure.

On to the life part.

I've kind of been seeing someone, which is for me a sure sign that I was way over my marriage before I really knew it. Sad, but true. Anway, he's older and has two daughters who make life a whole lotta complicated. I'm not good at dealing with other people's stress on top of my own. I have enough to deal with just managing my life. Throw someone new into that mix, and it's kind of volatile. I knew he was going out of town with his girls for 3 days starting today, then mid way through the day, after I'd already made plans, he tells me he's dropping off his girls at his mom's and is coming back to town tonight. So, I get all excited about it, and then, again at the last minute, he backs out. And so now, I'm pissed. I just don't really know how to not let someone else ruin my mood. Can someone explain that to me? So my great evening out with a girlfriend just got trashed by someone else. Awesome.

Bed is a reboot button. I think I'll hit it now.

4 comments:

  1. Love your new picture. I would love to hear about your training. I'd like to hear about how your fuel and hydrate being a heavyweight runner.

    As far as not letting someone else ruin your mood, I don't have answers. What I know is that with kids, life is often unpredictable, so he may have had all good intention of doing what he told you. But kids have a way of bringing our plans to a halt very easily and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just found your blog by chance, and may I just say you are so pretty...

    Anyway, if you're seriously treating your marathon preparation, why not check out Ben Greenfield's training program at http://www.marathondominator.com? Ben's a triathlete coach and he really has great programs.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...such a beautiful person you are! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic of you! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your marathon training. I will be starting a new training plan in a couple weeks for a half I will be running in October.

    How old are his daughters? How much does this guy mean to you? Was he able to hear the disappointment in your voice? Did he even realize you were disappointed? Is this something you can communicate with him? If this relationship is still very new, you may want to think about what is important to you at this point of your life. Since you don't have your own children yet, are you willing to taken a backseat to his children? If you really care about this guy, it is something you will need to come to terms with it. Congrats for getting out there and moving on with your life...just know that the perfect guy is out there for you...one that won't disappoint you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments on the pic, guys! It turned out way bigger than I thought it would be on here.

    ReplyDelete