Sunday, July 18, 2010

A rough week

This past week has been a little stressful.

The guy I'm seeing left on a church youth trip to New Orleans for five days. One of my best friends relocated to New Orleans permanently. And I found out that the ex's family is coming to town next week on vacation, and it'll be the first time I'm excluded from visiting, and I"m kinda having a hard time with that.

I didn't get much exercise in. I'm just so unfocused.

Tomorrow officially restarts my marathon training program. In preparation, I cranked out 9 miles today. Running in the heat is awful, but it's still better than the treadmill. I'm gonna keep running outside as long as I can, but I may have to do some treadmill work over the next few weeks, since the heat is really getting out of hand down here.

I must admit that I'm a little nervous about being able to get my discipline back. My life has changed so much. It was easy hitting the road/gym 6 days a week when I was miserable at home. But now, my personal life is so happy and some days I just don't wanna get out of bed and go run. We'll see how it goes, but I'm just hoping I can get my mojo going again.

For right now, I'm going to sit by the pool and rest my legs. I might even take a poolside nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment