Monday, July 19, 2010

OPERATION: Las Vegas

A lot of exciting things have happened today, and it's not even over yet!

I officially restarted my Las Vegas Rock n Roll Marathon training program. This week's mileage is 25, which totally doable, I just have to get up and get it done. After running 9 miles yesterday, running 3 today seemed like a near waste of time, except that anymore would've made my legs too tired. Tomorrow I will run 5.

Whilst at the gym, my personal trainer came up to me asked me to this really awesome relay!! It's part of the Ragnar Relay series, and it's insane! A 12 person team runs 120 miles over 24 hours, running 3 legs each! We pile into 2 cars/vans with 6 ppl each, and 3 volunteers who go ride with us and feed us, and cheer for us. It sounds just so insane I have to do it! It was just really cool that she even thought of me.

I'm on day 3 of the no sugar life again. I have such strong cravings for sugar that I just get out of control with it. My body drops weght so fast when I'm "clean" and I feel so much better. its gonna take me a week solid to detox, but if I can live through it, next week will be so much better! Plus, with me working more, my stress levels will be less, therefore making sugar cravings better, I hope. But, jeez is this a tough habit to break. I don't know honestly why I went back to it after having given it up for Lent. I may allow myself some treats here and there, but I'm gonna continue it as long as I can.

I hope the rest of the week keeps on as well as today is going.

2 comments:

  1. The relay sounds great!! When will you be doing that? I can't wait to hear about it!

    I have to give you alot of credit for going non-sugar. I don't think I could do it...not that I eat alot of sugar but I do have it. I struggle with processed foods and also with trying new foods. I'm assuming you take in natural sugars from fruit??? (and does this mean no alcohol???) I'd be in real trouble...lol! Good luck...although I know you won't need it...keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Kris, the no sugar thing is really tough, bc I'm a real junkie. But, that's part of my food addiction I need to break.

    ReplyDelete